Car Service, Poole
Oil and filter change
Expert car servicing for your car, using high quality engine oils and filters.
We go to great lengths to stock a wide range of oils. So we always have the right oil for your car.
We can fit original or high quality compatible oil filters, whichever you prefer.
Important note: your car’s warranty terms may stipulate that manufacturer-approved oils and original parts must be used.
How often should I service my car?
Your car’s service intervals are specified by the manufacturer.
In the past there were set intervals in a service book. Now they more likely to be determined by your car’s on-board computers. On some cars, a dashboard warning light alerts you when a service is due.
Some makes – such as BMW and Mini – have highly specific servicing requirements.
We can plug into your car to see what kind of service your car needs and when.
Is your car overdue for a service? Not sure? Phone us for advice: 01202 742307.
Your engine service: oil and filter change
Changing the engine oil and oil filter is one of the most important parts of a service. It protects your engine from wear.
More cars today need synthetic oil. Also, diesel engines with a particulate filter require specific types of oil.
We can tell you which grade of viscosity is best for your car.
What else does a service include?
Servicing your car can also include changing the air filter, the spark plugs, fuel filter and the pollen/cabin filter. How often depends on the manufacturer’s requirements.
Our technicians can also:
- top up or replace other fluids (such as power steering, automatic transmission)
- check that your car’s coolant has sufficient anti-freeze (winter service) and top it up
- inflate your tyres to the correct pressure
- check your car’s lights, windscreen wipers and washers, auxiliary belt (fanbelt).
A brake service will include checking the level and quality of the brake fluid. Old brake fluid can absorb moisture – affecting the stopping power of your brakes.
- Planning a long drive? Don’t let a car breakdown ruin your holiday or business trip! Get a mini-service for only £5 (plus fluids) while you wait.